I love being an active part of the Dallas running community. In addition to my own running and racing, I hold or have held the following roles here in Dallas-Fort Worth:
- Founder and Race Director of Fairview Half Marathon and 5K in Fairview, Texas (2013-present)
- Founder and Race Director of The Showdown Half Marathon and 5K in Fairview, Texas (2012-present)
- Founder and Race Director of the New Years Double in Allen, Texas (2011-present)
- Past North Texas State Rep for the national grassroots running organization Road Runners Club of America (2009-2012)
- Executive Race Director of Heels and Hills (2009- early 2011), a non-profit dedicated to changing lives one mile at a time which produces the Heels and Hills Half Marathon and Heels and Hills and Him Half Marathon, both in Irving
- One half of the duo of Love The Half (2010-2011), which was all about celebrating the half marathon distance and those who participate in races of that distance or longer
- Past President (2007-2008) of the Dallas Running Club, and member of the Board of Directors of the Dallas Running Club 2006-2008
- Former DRC Half Marathon Race Director (2007 and 2008), Volunteer Coordinator (2006)
- 2008 RRCA Scott Hamilton Outstanding Club President of the Year National Award winner
In 2010, I completed 7 half marathons and my first 25K, while spending most of the year pregnant with my second daughter.
In 2011, I ran 6 half marathons, 2 25Ks, 3 marathons, and 2 50Ks.
In 2012, I completed 1 50M, 5 50Ks, 5 Marathons, 1 25K, 3 Half Marathons.
In 2013, I completed 1 50M, 3 50Ks, 2 Marathons, and crewed or paced runners at 3 100-mile races.