Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Peek Into My Pack for Gorge Waterfalls 50K

For Gorge Waterfalls 50K on Sunday, I've started my packing, and repacking, and checking, and repacking. ;-)

I laid out exactly what I wanted to carry with me for 9 1/2 hours. Below is the anatomy of my UltraSpire Surge pack. Note I will also put my phone (I always feel better having it on me, just in case) in the waterproof pocket the camera is in, and may chop up half a bagel to put in the main pack compartment for added fuel since aid stations are 10 miles apart. Click on it to see the picture big with text!


Now to lay out my apparel and gear and inventory!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, love the "packing, and repacking, and checking, and repacking" BUT you are going to be out there for a lot of hours so it makes sense! When do you leave for the race? We can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely someone to learn from! When I'm ready to balls it out for the trails, I'm taking you for sure!! You're gonna do great! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Libby! I'm one of your twitter followers and decided to check out your blog. Love the description of the race pack. I am running WS100 and need to come up with a good vest/camelback situation :) I usually run ultra road races, so I need to get busy on finding the right equipment. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete