The race is about an hour from my house. So I thought, as a 5 month pregnant woman, I should do this as smart as possible. I have a hotel room very close to the race site. I'm going over Saturday early afternoon, picking up my packet at Fort Worth Running Company, and getting a few hours sleep. Then dinner, Italian, at 8:30 pm before I head over to the race site at 11 pm. The race will start at midnight, and I'm guessing it will take me 4-5 hours if all goes well. Then I'll head back to the hotel, get a shower and probably an ice bath, and sleep for a few hours before heading home. No sense trying to drive home fatigued for an hour at 5 am!
So all the more reason I get my packing list right since I can't just head back home.
Here's my packing list... If you've done a race like this, or this race in particular, please COMMENT and help me refine this list. It's very hard to feel like you have everything you need!
- Garmin GPS
- Heart Rate Monitor (required by doc to wear for all workouts)
- Extra batteries for the headlamp
- Cooler stocked with: gatorade, bottled water, chocolate milk
- Gu (4)
- Extra pair of shoes and socks (after my last long run sweating in this heat and humidity, I came the closest to getting a blister that I've come in about 3-4 years, I never get blisters. So I'll try changing out shoes/socks after the 3rd or 4th loop)
- Extra shirt (to change into for late loops or when done)
- Amphipod pocket (carries my phone)
- Bodyglide (a must!)
- Beach towel (for laying out to do stretches on the ground)
- Lawn chair
- Handheld water bottle
- Bug Spray
- Baby wipes
- Extra towel for car when leaving and sweaty
- Extra hair ties
- Frozen washcloths
So what am I forgetting? Suggestions are most welcome!