Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Recovering from NYC Half Marathon

Although Sunday was a hard race at the NYC Half Marathon, I knew I needed to get back on that horse and keep up the weekday running routine. But I wanted to do almost anything but run tonight. I was afraid if I didn't run that I would quickly fall out of the habit.

I just wanted to get the run over with, so I decided ahead of time to do 2 miles at a "purposeful pace." Since my goal half marathon pace is 11:30 and I've been doing speedwork at around 10:30 for mile repeats, I thought I would shoot for 11:00 min/mi.

My legs were so sluggish, it felt like I was trying to do 8 min/mi. But I forced myself to go 1 mile out and 1 mile back. Training partner Sarah kept me moving (she's normally faster than me anyway) with lots of encouragement. Finished the two miles with 11:00 and 11:02 - perfect!

Can't wait for the legs to feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment