- My legs are sore and tired. I raced a half marathon Sunday (Stonebridge Ranch Half), and I have another half marathon 6 days later (Cowtown Half this Saturday).
- I woke up in the morning thinking I would go out in jeans and walk a mile in the neighborhood while Marissa was in school during the AM and then walk another mile in the evening to total 2.0 miles today.
- My required errands of my life consumed me this morning so no 1 mile this morning!
- Okay, I'll walk two miles this evening.
- Well, if I'm going out, let's at least put on running clothes, right? :-)
- Let's just jog two easy miles. I have a route that's about a mile straight out from the house down one street, I'll just do that out and back.
- A little dip to the left on a side street for a house's length to that alley entrance, cross the street, and back through the community pool parking lot - there's an extra 0.03.
- A little jag to the right down a side street to the next intersection, down a street, and back to the original road I was on - another extra amount, about 0.15.
- And it continued, a dip here, a jag there, a jig here, and before I knew it, I was back to my house at 2.35 miles (note: > 2.0 miles) :-) and at not the worst jogging pace!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
The evolution of my 51st straight day of running was an interesting one. Let me take you through the steps:
at 7:59 PM