Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

No Plans for 2012... Yet

Between lotteries and extremely early sellouts, there is much activity in the running world surrounding 2012 races. We're not even halfway through 2011!

It's easy to feel a little left out and lost as people announced they got into the Houston Marathon today after lottery picks were sent out this morning. But I think I'm being smart to not commit to anything yet for 2012.

I'm running my first marathon in just 5 weeks and have a few more goals through the end of 2011. But I want to see how I feel about my running the next several months before I start putting together a plan for the next year. Because right now, I have no clue what my goals will be for 2012, short distance or long distance, focus on speed or miles on legs, etc.

Until then though, I feel a little left behind as people start making future plans. Gotta stay focused on the now!

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking to make plans for 2012, you should register for the USA Fit Marathon in Sugar Land. The date is 2 weeks after the Houston Marathon. https://reg.usafit.com/forms/form.php?fid=122

    ReplyDelete