As a runner recovering from a C-section from 8 weeks ago, I need some help from everyone. My doctor's not a runner. I have friends who have had C-sections who weren't runners when they had them. I'm looking for those who ran through some part of the pregnancy, had their C-section, and then started running at 6 weeks when they were cleared to do so.
Here are the questions I'm putting out to the world:
1) Do you notice your C-section site during running? At certain mileage? At certain speeds? Did this go away with time?
2) Did you notice a lot of pulling when engaging core muscles? As I'm doing ab work to get that area stronger, I feel a lot of pulling on that incision site.
3) Are there any day-to-day actions where you notice pulling at the incision site? For example, a friend tells me for years she noticed her hysterectomy incision site pulled every time she stepped up into her SUV.
4) Did you have sudden stabbing pain at the site occasionally during exercise? Or notice a sharp pain when you suddenly sneeze sometimes?
5) I believe some pulling and occasional sharp pain is the result of adhesions of the muscle or fascia from the sutures. Has anyone seen someone to remedy these? Sports doc? Regular doc? Chiro? Massage therapist? Rolfing?
Basically, I'm trying to get a feel for what a C-section recovery for a regular runner (for me, that's like 15-25 miles a week) is like. I'm an idiot but thought I would magically just be all better at 6 weeks, when I was cleared to begin all normal activity. I realize how silly that was now, but don't have a lot of runners who had C-sections in my life to gauge how normal my experience is.